Selected work on Openned:
Opera an Elegy (2009, ongoing)
- Venus & Other Noises
- Prognost Panel 1
- Accretion Panel 1
- Accretion Panel 2
- Venus & Other Noises & Accretion Panel 3
- Audio Recording, Wigmore Hall.
- Improvised Cross-Genre Performance, Openned 8.
- The POEM: PDF Documentation of Collaboration, Openned Website.
- City State: New London Poetry (London: Penned In The Margins, 2009)
- Veer Off (London: Veer Books, 2008)
- Opera an Elegy or Venus and Other Noises, Yt Communication (Forthcoming 2010)
- The Wolf Issue 7 (July 2004)
- Hick Moth Bulletin, Yt Communication (July 2006)
- Stimulus Respond, Time Issue (2008)
- Klatch 1 (February 2009)
- Klatch 2 (January 2010)
- Klatch 3 (2010, available online soon)
- Cleaves 2, London Issue (2010)
- Brand 6 (Forthcoming July 2010)
- Freaklung, Odes Issue, Commemorating the 10th Anniversary of Barry MacSweeney's death (Forthcoming July 2010)
- London Poetry Systems (2006)
- Onedit 11 (2008)
- Stimulus Respond, Skin Issue (2008)
- Past simple 6 (2009)
- The Daily Filth (2009)
Selected Performances and Recordings Available Online:
- Portmanteaux, at The Foundry (2008)
- Disposable Venus Bits, at The Foundry (2008)
- Past Simple 6 (2009)
- Portmanteaux, Voice Works, at The Wigmore Hall (2008)
- Crossing The Line, at the Leather Exchange (2008)
- Openned, at the Foundry (2009)
- Soundings, at The Birkbeck TEXTMUSICTEXTMUSIC Symposium, at the Horse Hospital (2009)
- The Other Room, at the Old Abbey Inn (2010)
Selected Performances and Readings Offline:
- Festival of Words (Swansea: 2004)
- Sound Bite (Swansea: 2006)
- Bowery Poetry Club (New York: 2007)
- La Langoustine Est Morte (London: 2008)
- R;Fest (Egham: 2006, 2008)
- The Small Press In The Age of The Internet Launch (London: The Book Art Book Shop, 2010)
- Co-Interviewer, Interviews with Allen Fisher (Online Openned Project, 2009)
- Director of, The Sound Of Writers Forum (Premiered Off The Shelf, Slade 2010)
- The Sound Of The Pines, (Given at Constellation: Alice Notley, Birkbeck University Symposium, May 2008) hosted at Intercapillary Space.
I am 26 years old. Co-Editor of Openned. I am assistant director of Archive of the Now and am currently working on a CDA at Queen Mary University of London and The British Library Sound Archive on British Poetry and Performance 1960-2008: The Work of Bob Cobbing.
Alex Davies is 27 and lives in London, UK.
Selected work on Openned:
- featured in Eighteens (Knives, Forks and Spoons Press, 2011)
- How Vivid the Claret (The Arthur Shilling Press, 2011)
- essay on Timothy Thornton's 'Chamber Aubade' in DEPT (2010)
- featured in The Other Room Anthology II (The Other Room, 2010)
- LONDON§TONE (Knives, Forks and Spoons Press, 2009)
- featured in City State: New London Poetry (Penned In The Margins, 2009)
- featured in ‘veer off’ (Veer Books, 2008)
He has also featured in Peckham in Furs' 'Poets in glasses' blog post.
Last updated Monday 30th May, 2011